Wharfedale Titan 12 Active Loudspeaker Details
Our unique EWG™ design is the result of intensive computer modeling of natural acoustic wave propagation. To provide more acoustically transparent high-frequency pattern control, hard edges, corners, and parallel surfaces were eliminated from the design while still enabling 90 x 60 degree high frequency coverage. The smoother, more "organic" shape of the EWG™ design reduces high frequency distortion and diffraction eliminating acoustic artifacts found in other horn design technologies. The result is smoother frequency response, greater driver efficiency, and improved vocal and instrument reproduction.
The bottom of the Titan 12 ACTIVE provides a convenient built in polemount socket for easy mounting on a standard 35mm diameter speakerstand pole. The speaker stand receptacle features a locking screw to ensure stability. Ten M8 threaded rigging points are provided for a variety of safe flying. Configurations with four of these inserts available, bottom-mounted, in an OmniMount® 60.0 bracket footprint.
The Titan 12 ACTIVE features a state-of-the-art Class D low frequency amplifier design. Class D amplifiers are known for their extended efficiency, low heat dissipation and light weight compared to other amplifier classifications. Class D technology allows for unparalleled audio quality in a lightweight, powered speaker system. High frequency power is provided by a high quality, low distortion and highly efficient Class A/B amplifier.
The Titan 12 ACTIVE provides basic mixing functions with a variety of input options. Two inputs with separate level controls and a common equalization section allow for overall balance and tonal characteristic control. Easy interfacing to external mixers and processors provide for easy expansion to larger, more sophisticated systems.
Bass Response Optimizer
Designed for flexibility and ease of use, the Titan 12 ACTIVE also features a unique BASS RESPONSE OPTIMIZER, or "BRO™ circuit" that works like the "loudness" controls on vintage stereo systems. With the "BRO"™ circuit engaged, low frequency response increases as the overall volume is decreased providing for outstanding low frequency response at lower volume levels.
Wharfedale Titan 12 Active Loudspeaker Features
- 2-way, active bi-amplified speaker system
- Custom 12" Low Frequency driver and Titanium High Frequency compression driver provide exceptional clarity, high power handling capability and maximum efficiency
- State-of-the-art, high efficiency switch mode power supply with a class D low frequency power amplifier and a class A/B high frequency amplifier
- Low frequency power (Class D) 250W RMS, 500W PEAK
- High frequency power (Class A/B) 50W RMS, 100W PEAK
- Active signal limiting system with LED indicator on rear panel
- Built in 2 channel mixer with microphone and line level inputs Balanced XLR line output for for connections to subwoofers or daisy-chaining units together
- Switchable Bass Response Optimizer (BRO™) circuit
- Low distortion, high power handling, water resistant 12 inch woofer
- Professional high frequency compression driver with 2" titanium diaphragm
- XLR and TRS line inputs via convenient 'combo' jacks
- Two band master EQ controls
- Full Protection system: DC, overload, short circuit, thermal, On / Off mute and LF / HF Limiters