Wharfedale Titan 15A Sub
15" 400W Active Sub
SPECIAL PRICE ONLY VALID FOR MEDIA TECH 2019 - 17 - 20 JULY 2019
Custom 15" Low Frequency driver provides exceptional low-end clarity, high power handling capability and maximum efficiency
- Rugged, textured grey, painted 18mm, 13 ply birch plywood enclosure with two rubberized over-molded handles on the sides and four screw mounted rubber feet on the bottom of the enclosure
- Peak limiter that protects the amplifier and speaker from clipping
- 0¡Æ, 180¡Æ PHASE switch
- Built-in 600 watt (peak), 400 watt (continuous) amplifier
- Thermal, DC fault and short circuit protection
- Power on and system AGC protect LED indicators
- Integral preset limiter prevents clipping and distortion
- Summed, stereo line level inputs combine the left and right signals to a single, mono signal which is routed to the Titan¢â Sub-A15s internal amplifier. This feature allows for the operation of a single subwoofer in stereo sound system. Integrity of the original stereo input remains intact at the line level outputs
- A pair of an integral crossovers send a high-pass, balanced, line-level, stereo signal to a pair of powered satellite full-range speakers or an external amplifier for passive satellite speakers
- A speaker-level, 1/4" TS phone jack input is provided. This input is useful in applications, where it may be more practical to use a full-range, amplified speaker level signal and connect it to the Titan¢â Sub-A15 subwoofer
- Integral pole mount adapter for the mounting of speaker enclosures above the subwoofer
The new Wharfedale Pro Titan¢â Sub-A15, a powerful active subwoofer system designed to produce high quality audio in any performance application. The Titan¢â Sub-A15 combines the newest technologies, materials and design topology to ensure absolute accuracy and high output.
The TITAN¢â Sub-A15 is powerful 15 inch band pass active subwoofer. A built-in 400 watt (continuous) 600 watt (peak) amplifier conveniently accepts stereo or mono line level inputs via dual, balanced, XLR-¨ù" "combo" connectors as well as a unique single channel 4¥Ø speaker level input via a ¨ù" phone jack which allows for use with a standard sound reinforcement amplifier (when the internal amplifier is not used).
A custom designed, down-firing, aluminium cast frame 15" woofer, with a 3" voice coil, is utilized as the heart of the Titan¢â Sub-A15s complementary low frequency enhancement system. Integral signal processing includes a dynamic AGC (Automatic Gain Control) circuit, a stereo crossover and signal limiting for the prevention of a distorted signal to the internal amplifier. A convenient and an essential PHASE switch is included to allow for proper subwoofer signal polarity to be selected.
A pair of balanced XLR male output connections, with switchable "High-Pass" mode are available for the stereo line level outputs and may be used to pass through mono or stereo signals from the inputs to another system or to send a high-pass, line-level stereo signal to a pair of powered, full-range speakers such as the popular Wharfedale Pro Titan¢â Active models.SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL TITAN Sub-A15 GENERAL INFO System type Band-pass subwoofer Frequency response +/- 3db 45-150Hz PHYSICAL FEATURES Enclosure Material 18mm Plywood Enclosure Colour Grey Size (mm/inches) 404 / 15" Coil Size (mm/inches) 75 / 3" Frame Material Die-cast aluminium frame Amplifier POWER Continous RMS 400W Peak (Wats) 600W ProtectionType Dynamic AGC Power on indicator LED INPUT SENSITIVITY 0.775V Impedance 4 ¥Ø Speaker Pole Adapter Yes Inputs A & B Type / Connection Balanced Line Level inputs via two combo connectors Outputs A & B Type / Connection Balanced Line Level inputs via two XLR-M connectors High Pass Frequency Selection 100Hz Phase Switch Selection 0¡Æ / 180¡Æ Speaker Level Input Impedance 1/4" TS Phone input Speaker Level Input Connection 4 ¥Ø DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT Height ( mm / ins ) 630.0 / 24.8" Width Front / Rear / mm / ins 478.0 / 18.8" Depth ( mm / ins ) 640.0 / 25.2" Net weight ( kg / lbs ) 45.48 / 100.0 Gross weight ( kg / lbs ) 50.48 / 110.5